Michael is an associate with Mellen, Smith & Pivoz. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was with a Local Accounting Firm where he was responsible for managing and supervising staff on tax engagements. Michael has extensive experience in working with business owners to maximize cash flow and minimize taxes.
Michael is a detail oriented problem solver who uses his talents to assist clients achieve their goals while providing feedback and involvement as necessary.
Michael has provided services to individuals and various types of entities, including corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, exempt organizations and employee benefit plans.
- Work closely with clients within various industries to reduce taxes and maximize profits
- Develop and implement financial and tax planning strategies which provide increased value to business owners and shareholders
- Accounting and auditing services including: financial forecasts, cash flow analysis, projections and budgets, analysis and interpretation of financial information, personal financial statements, retirement plans, etc.
- Tax services (business, individual, estate, trust, retirement plan, etc.) including preparations, analysis, planning and representation before tax authorities
- Extensive general business planning and consulting
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Education and Accomplishments
- Wayne State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)