Laureen is a tax professional at Mellen, Smith & Pivoz with extensive experience in assisting a diverse range of businesses with U.S. and international tax compliance. Prior to joining the firm, Laureen was the Tax Manager at a global automotive parts supplier and also spent several years at regional accounting firms. She specializes in tax planning and projections, multi-state reporting, foreign tax credit utilization and tax controversy representation.
- Works closely with clients within various industries to reduce taxes and maximize profits
- US international tax reporting including foreign bank accounts, controlled and disregarded foreign entities and foreign tax credits
- Tax services (business, individual, estate, trust, etc.) including preparation, analysis, research, planning and representation before tax authorities
- Accounting services including: projections, budgets, corporate financial statements, personal financial statements, etc.
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Education and Accomplishments
- Certified Public Accountant – Licensed in Michigan in 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Major Accounting – Walsh College, Troy, Michigan – 1998
- Master of Science, Taxation – Walsh College, Troy, Michigan -2008