In 1971, Bob founded Mellen, Smith, and Pivoz PLC and has been practicing with the firm since that time. Bob has taken a unique approach to client service, in that he works with his clients from the standpoint that they are also close friends and family.
Bob has a wide range of experience in both tax, financial accounting areas and general business advisory and consulting services, with his primary focus on providing excellent client service tailored to fit his clients needs.
- Litigation services, especially involving divorces, shareholder disputes, lost profits and investigative matters
- Deposition and court testimony
- Business valuations
- Assistance with purchases, sales and mergers of man types of business enterprises
- Accounting and auditing services including: financial forecasts, ,cash flow analysis, projections and budgets, analysis and interpretation of financial information, personal financial statements, retirement plans, etc.
- Tax services (business, individual, estate, trust, etc.) including preparation, analysis, planning, and representation before tax authorities
- General business consulting
- Divorce consultant
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Forensic Accountants Society of North America
- The Institute of Business Appraisers
- Various civic and religious organizations
Education and Accomplishments
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)