Michael A. Pivoz joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in 1974. Mike was admitted as a Member of the firm in 1979. He has a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration and majored in accounting. Mike also has a Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School.
Mike provides extensive business services to clients in a wide range of industries and professions. His specific areas of expertise include tax, accounting, fraud, and forensics. Mike has assisted a variety of businesses and organizations, including: professional service companies. Such as, law firms, medical practices, consulting firms, etc.
Mike is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Michigan Association of CPAs, and American Bar Association Federal Tax Committee, American Association of Attorneys and CPAs and Forensic Accountants Society of North America.
- Business valuations
- Assistance with purchases, sales and mergers of many type of business enterprises
- Litigation services, including court testimony, economic loss and present value calculations, pension valuations, employee dishonesty (fidelity bond) investigations, business interruption and other insurance loss calculations
- Accounting and auditing services including: financial statements, financial forecasts, cash flow analysis, projections and budgets, analysis and interpretation of financial information, personal financial statements, retirement plans, etc.
- Tax services (business, individual, estate, trust, retirement plan, etc.) including preparation, analysis, planning and representation before tax authorities
- Extensive general business and retirement plan consulting
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Federal Tax Committee of the Michigan Association of CPAs
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Forensic Accountants Society of North America
- American Association of Attorneys and CPAs
- Michigan Bar Association
- Michigan Trial Defense Council
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Federal Tax Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Education and Accomplishments
- Wayne State University BS – 1975
- Wayne State University Law School JD – 1979