Kewei Mao joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in December, 2011. Before joining the company, he worked for a world-wide Japanese manufacturing company in the automotive industry. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Japanese from the University of Shanghai for Science & Technology, and Master’s degree in Accounting from Western Michigan University.
Kewei’s specific areas of expertise include tax preparation for individuals, partnerships and corporations, as well as international tax form preparation. Kewei is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and Michigan Association of CPAs. He speaks English, Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.
- Bookkeeping services including monthly bookkeeping, quarter-end and year-end adjustments
- Tax preparation and consulting services for individuals, partnerships, and corporations
- International tax form preparation including forms 2555, 5471, 5472, 114, 8938
- Tax research and planning including preparation of annual income tax provisions
- Attestation services including compilation, review and audit engagements
- General business consulting services including application of Minority Business Enterprise
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Education and Accomplishments
- Certified Public Accountant – Licensed in Michigan in 2013
- Certified Level 1 of Japanese-Language Proficiency
- Master of Science, Accounting – Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan – 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, Japanese – University of Shanghai for Science & Technology, China – 2007